8/ ART GALLERY/ Tomio Koyama Gallery is pleased to present “Ceramics of People, Animals and Plants”, an exhibition of works by Suna Fujita, a production unit by Shohei Fujita and Chisato Yamano. Based in Kyoto, Fujita and Yamano engage in their own artistic practice, while collaborating on ceramic pieces for everyday use under the unit “Suna Fujita.” Suna Fujita’s works depict motifs of animals and plants, as well as fragments of imagined landscapes and memories in humorous and witty ways, bringing joy and smiles to viewers. This exhibition will feature various items including lidded containers, tea bowls, teacups, soupspoons, tea pots, chopstick rests, and plates. We invite viewers to enjoy the unique world of the diversely illustrated narratives that these works present.
Chisato Yamano’s exhibition is being held concurrently at ADK Art Gallery from March 25.
[Regarding lottery sale for all the works of the exhibition]
All the works in the exhibition will be sold by lottery after the exhibition ends to enable them to be viewed throughout the exhibition period, also ensuring the opportunity for visitors to purchase works on the final day of the exhibition without the need to line up on the day of its opening.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
[How to apply for lottery sale]
– Application forms will be available at the counter (one sheet per person).
– Please complete the form (name, address, phone number, email address) along with information of works you wish to purchase (up to 5 works), and submit it to a member of staff.
– We cannot accept applications via Internet, emails, and phone calls.
– Selection will not depend on the timing of applications.
– We will make a fair lottery selection after the exhibition, and contact winners ONLY.
– Should winners not respond within one week after we make contact, we will do another lottery.
– Works can be delivered only within Japan.
– Please note that tax refunds are not available.